OpenSUSE wiki









Thursday, August 17, 2017

[opensuse-wiki] SDB:Configuring_graphics_cards

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_graphics_cards

It was terribly out of date. I noted the general inapplicability of Xorg
"configuration", and did some cutting and updating, such as replacing instances
of 11.3 with Leap and/or Tumbleweed, nv with amdgpu, and run level 3 with
multi-user.target. Also bug references I changed from novell.com to
opensuse.org. Most significant addition relates to significance of using
nomodeset and the availability of Xorg's integrated modesetting driver.

I didn't have any luck trying to match current release note and other doc
references to the obsolete ones that need to be excised or updated.

Much more is needed. I can't do the things related to proprietary NVidia drivers
or to Grub2 menus, both of which I never use. I could do more, but I need a
rest, and would be able to continue if the Grub2 and NVidia parts were
reasonably current.
--
"The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-wiki+unsubscribe@opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-wiki+owner@opensuse.org

No comments:










Privacy Policy Free PHP & MySQL Web Hosting